Offboarding an employee consists of all the decisions and processes that take place when an employee leaves an organization. (Similar to how an employee joins the organization through the onboarding process, they leave through the offboarding process.) A good offboarding process helps reduce the chance that misunderstandings will persist after the employee moves on. Utilize the resources below to assist with a smooth offboarding:
- Departing Employee Offboarding Checklist
- Supervisor Checklist for Offboarding an Employee
- Department Administrator Checklist for Offboarding an Employee
- Knowledge Transfer Template
- Lab Close-Out Checklist
- Resignation, Retirement, and Post-Retirement
Note: This change to an appointment may impact furlough obligation for the time period of January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021. If there are any questions related to furlough obligation, please contact the CALS HR Assistant assigned to your unit.