CALS Hiring Restrictions: Position Requests
All requests for positions within CALS will be reviewed through CALS HR prior to submission to OHR for review and approval. Dean/Dean Designee review will be required on all positions on State-GPR/tuition funded (101 & 104), and Funds 118-5, 136, 176, 402, and 133/150 indirect cost returns.
*Note: Research Intern positions are NOT exempt from review in CALS
Checklist for Position Requests:
- Enter position in to the PVL or CHRIS system (excluding student hourly, student assistant and post degree training positions)
- Develop a justification of why the request should be considered as essential by CALS. Justification Requirements:
- PVL# or CHRIS#
- Position Title
- Position type (new or replacement, if replacement, include vice)
- Funding sources and percentages – if unrestricted funding, include full project account number, period of funding, and any additional information which may be pertinent.
- Address aspects of essentiality in regard to:
- Instructional support
- Research support
- Student services Support
- Academic Support
- Ensures the Health & Safety of Campus
- Provides for the continuation of Services of Operations critical to the Campus Mission
- Submit a Recruitment Request including the justification via e-mail to email@example.com. Please include the PVL# or CHRIS# and the position type (e.g., PVL#__ or CHRIS#__ and new or vice- Last name) in the subject line.
CALS HR will review requests entered into the PVL and CHRIS systems with intent to submit to OHR as quickly as possible. However, such will not be submitted to OHR until Dean/Dean Designee approval has been granted. Units will be notified of the outcome of the Dean/Dean Designee review. The notification will indicate if an offer request will need to be submitted for review and approval at the time an offer is about to be made.